Tuesday, July 29, 2014

No swimming or riding in Philly

My forthcoming trip to Philly will interrupt my IM preparations pretty efficiently. I won't be riding nor swimming during next week. In Philly I will just run when I have time and energy for it. Finland, especially Turku area, is hot as hell, but Philly won't be so much better what comes to the weather. It's hot and humid over there. 

Initially I planned to run a long tempo run in Philly but instead I will join Ami in his 20km tempo run late tomorrow evening. Then I have about 50 hours (2 nights of sleeping and a full day of traveling) to recover from it. In Philly I try to run at least one long run and some shorter workouts in order to get my legs more familiarized in running on asphalt. Simple plan for a simple man.

This morning I did my longest open water swim: an hour in the sea. Even if the temperature was close to 30C I had my wet suit on. Just to entertain. After the swim I ran back home. 

Now I start feeling strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment