Friday, July 11, 2014

My black suit is made from rubber

The recovery from the Olympic distance race was fast. It was slightly faster than the recovery from my longer bike ride on Saturday. I have done couple of ez runs after that and both of them have been stiff and focused on pedestrian pace.

Yesterday  I ran a steady state minimus, a short steady state run (@~4:00/km), in order to get our car from the car repair shop before it was closed. Legs were pretty okay and stomach did not bother me at all even if I started to run right after a dessert and a steak. When I got back home, I jumped a bike oand rode with my fellows to Kakskerta to do an open water practice. It was pretty awesome even if I'm a decade slower swimmer than the others. But I sort of PRed during the workout since my 1000m lap was now sub 17:00. I'm okay with that. 

Tomorrow morning's workout will be the last tougher one before the Half IM waiting me and 1.300 other triathletes on 19th of July in Joroinen. Oh, I really hope that the water temperature is enough cold to justify the use of wet suit. If not, then I'll live through the longest morning ever.

But tomorrow the plan is the ride a group tempo for 45 min. followed by tempo intervals (5x3min., slightly faster than my race pace at Half IM). It's gonna fun and relaxed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment