Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Less than 3 weeks to go

Last Wednesday, a week ago, I came across yet another drawback - an unexplained ankle problem. Luckily, I now start to consider that it was only a temporary thing. Right ankle has still some kind of unique sensation, but it works like it used to. And today's meeting with a MD indicated that ... just go for it.

I took Thursday and Friday off. And started to hesitate my participation in IM Barcelona. On Saturday morning I jumped into the pool and swam some laps, 3200m. Ankle was silent. On the same afternoon I dared myself and jumped on a bike for 2hrs  ride with my tri buddies. No soreness, no pain.

On Sunday I biked 130 km and ran a 4 km right after the bike. No soreness, no pain, just a little sensation that the ankle is not quite there yet. But no pain. That was the main point.

Monday comprises a short run before a swim core and swim technique practice. After I returned home around 10:30PM the ankle was okay. Then it was time for today's workout, blocks of 3x25min. with accelerating pace. The verdict: no soreness, no pain. Only thing that still keeps me awake  is my sore stomach which was not at all ready for getting back on the road.

But.... less than 3 weeks to go. That's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment