Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I feel great!

Dudes and dudettes. I have 1.5 weeks to my first IM race. The work is done, and I'm about to get my mind set for the race. Things at work and elsewhere have kept me busy, but now, soon, I have to focus on the forthcoming race.

After bouncing back from the disappointment and 3 weeks period of illness I have been able to conduct some decent workouts. Not many, but some. Swimming laps has its downside (it's sometimes boring as hell), but luckily the great company keeps me alive. Anyway, I have steadly improvement my performance in the pool which makes me happy.

Biking is steady (Vision's shifters suck ass, though), and for instance last Saturday's 2 hrs @ IM race pace (HR 145) was a nice booster. The weather turned into Fall/early Winter mode so I'm not sure how many outdoor rides I'll do before the race. But I have the bike torture chamber ready...

Running is a mystery, but last week's BLOCKS workout went pretty well and yesterday I ran easily @ 3:45/km pace. That's enough for now.

Now it is a mental game. The swim will be in the ocean which is usually less calm than the water in the pool. Moreover, it is still undecided if the swim is with wet suit or not. Bike leg's wind conditions are also mystery, but that's the name of the game.

Luckily sweetie is mastering this game and she will cool me down if I'm getting too nervous before the race.

It's on!

No comments:

Post a Comment