Sunday, May 4, 2014

This shit is getting heavy on your legs

This was the 5th consecutive week during which I had time and energy to train over 10 hrs per week. Before this period the weekly amount of training was closer to 46 minutes due to a running injury. 

Today I finished a week of 15 hrs worth of sweat drained during 6 days. In order to get my running back in touch with real life, I decided to take a short cut: run races. On Tuesday I rode with Ile to Raisio and back to run a first race since September. This one was a 5K XC race which offered empty lungs and fun times. So fun that I spent almost 19 minutes on that course.

Today I repeated that but in different circumstances. Today the local, small race took place on gravel road (7.2K) and I managed to reach the finish line as the first competitor at the pace 3.32/K. Moreover, today the WU and CD bike rides summed up to 72K. Thereafter I felt a bit tired but I was privileged with an opportunity of a nap, and gained back my willingness to hit the pool later in the afternoon. A fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment